Monday, April 18, 2011

Gripped into Bliss

Saturday was spring skiing at Squallywood. I hauled arse to hook-up with the bros...as I constantly seem to be late. Met 'em at Granite Chief chair, went to the top, then hiked up to the peak. I was gripped at first looking into the chute. (gotta admit it...the old 'fight or flight' syndrome) and I just didn't see the way into Direct Chute. Then Flint goes, "Let me show you the easy line." And he slipped along the lip onto a little spiney ledge and just slid in. Easy! As soon as he did, the old light bulb went on and I knew I could do it. Monkey see & monkey do. Gripped turned to nirvana bliss.
Next we scored Corkscrew, then hiked up the Palisades (generally not open weekends). Cruised. The temps and sun were having its way with the snow, it was noon. We quit skiing and hit the Arc at Gold Coast for some libations. Gotta love spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment